Pages

Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Day 69 / 296 Repurposing a Table Leg

Saylorville Lake Partly Cloudy 69 Degrees

I made good on my ambition to repurpose the extra table leg that was left after we modified our $20.00 used kitchen able find, to work in the motorhome.

[caption id="attachment_789" align="alignleft" width="225"] From 4 legs to 3[/caption]

Some of the scraps and leftovers from the table project and the modifications and rebuilding of the space where the new refrigerator went will be good kindling to start campfires. I couldn't bring myself to burn a beautiful piece of turned wood. It is now a reflection of my whimsical taste and part of the summer 'yard' .

I bought a can of bright pink spray paint at the craft store, bolted a plastic flower pot to the top and a 6" x 6" piece of 3/4" plywood to the bottom. Drilled two holes in the square base for stakes to hold it in place and viola! A new plant stand.

[caption id="attachment_790" align="alignleft" width="225"] From table leg to plant stand[/caption]

It's the little things, like a new yard ornament, and saving something from the landfill or burn pile that make me happiest.

Until  tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment