Pages

Monday, April 23, 2018

Day 54 / 311

Saylorville Lake – Sunny 75 Degrees

Unlike many full-time RV’ers, we do not drag everything we own around with us. We are lucky to have a relative who is willing to store our boat and motorcycle each winter while we gallivant around the southern tier of states. Today, the sun came up bright and warm for the second day in a row since we returned to Iowa. The day started with heading to Champ’s brothers to dust off the motorcycle, put a new battery in it and get it back to our summer digs.

Today is also my first day back to my part-time summer job. Having lived in Ankeny for nearly 20 years and raising my kids here, I have a good time working for my friends who own Strawberry Patch.   https://www.strawpatch.com/about   It’s a retail store that carries State College and area high school logo apparel and novelties. They also do custom screen print and embroidery.  The store is an Ankeny retail institution and stays busy. It’s like old home week some days. Old neighbors, teachers my kids had and sometimes an acquaintance I haven’t seen in years stops in. Coming in today was a pretty easy transition. Honestly, I don’t feel like I was gone for six months. My first customer was a returning snow bird like me who has been as thrilled with the April weather as we have. We had a good time swapping tales about our trips back dodging weather systems and wondering why we didn’t wait a bit longer this year. The answer was the same for both of us. We missed our kids and grandkids and weather-be-damned we wanted to be back in Iowa.

Tonight, Champ will go to Hunter’s first little league game. We won’t start doing much for Saylorville till next week. Then, as the rangers said the other day, get ready to rumble! The weather has finally straightened out and they have a long list of projects to do this summer.

Spring is in the air. We are slipping back into our summer routine and all is well with my world today. I’ll take it.

Until tomorrow…

No comments:

Post a Comment